ERMOUPOLIS CITY HALL
The baronial building of the City Hall was built during the period 1876-1891 by the famous architect Ernestos Tsiler.
It is located in Miaouli square. It is a three storey building when looking at it from the square and a two storey from the back road.
It has a staircase of 15,5m width.
In the City Hall are lodged all the municipal offices, the mortgage office, the courts and the archaeological museum.
The Spiritual Center is accommodated in the historic building of the Club “Hellas”, built in 1862-63.
From the beginnings of 1830, the merchants of Syros started making clubs as places for parties and stock markets.
From 1970 the historic building of Club “Hellas” accommodates the Spiritual Center and the Municipal Library.
MUNICIPAL THEATER APOLLON
The Municipal Theater Apollon was built in the period 1862-64.
It is a neoclassic building with simple external architecture style. The interior decoration is highly impressive as it is a miniature of Milan’s staircase. It deservedly competes with the big European theaters of its time. In the plateau is room for an orchestra, three lines of lodge, a lodge and rich marble and painting decoration.
The building of the First Hospital is of historic interest for the island. It was built in 1823 and was the first hospital in Greece.
In this building, according to inscriptions, used to live Otto and El. Venizelos.
It distinguishes for the special architecture. It could be the first block of flats of that period that has different entrances in its floors.
It is considered as an art by the Board of Civilization. .